STARPOINTS CONVERT TO POINTS:
- In a one-time conversion in August, Starpoints® will automatically become points and your Starpoints balance will be multiplied by three.
- Also starting in August, you’ll earn 10 points per US$1 spent on eligible hotel charges (5 points per eligible US$1 at ElementSM, Residence Inn® and TownePlace Suites®hotels). Elite members earn even more.
COMBINE ACCOUNTS INTO ONE:
- If you have an account with Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards in addition to your SPG account, in August you’ll want to combine them (even if you’ve already linked them).
- Combining accounts will create a single account and profile; and it will combine your points and Elite-night balances — so all your points and nights will work harder for you.
- Make sure we have your current email address so we can notify you when it’s time to take this action.
NEW ELITE STATUS LEVELS AND BENEFITS:
- In August, we’ll launch new Elite status levels and new benefits, including a new Silver Elite status achieved at 10 nights.
- Starting January 1, 2019, Elite status will be achieved on nights and not on stays. Until then, SPG members can achieve status based on stays at SPG-associated brands only, but can also qualify based on nights at any of the 29 brands.
- Existing Elite members will continue to be Elite and will achieve a new, but similar, tier level in August. See chart below.
- Don’t forget — when you combine accounts, you could also achieve a higher Elite tier — based on combined SPG and Rewards nights stayed at any of our 29 brands, starting from January 1, 2018.
- If you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in SPG or Rewards, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program. In addition, when you combine SPG and Rewards accounts, we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program.
- And, if you’ve achieve Elite status in both Rewards and SPG in a single year, it will count as two years toward Lifetime status.